Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

What's in my cart? Back to School

Recently one of my son's friends from his freshmen year in college graduated with her master's degree in speech pathology.  She posted a picture with her fellow SLP grads on Facebook and I remembered the joy I felt when I graduated.  I also remembered being so anxious and nervous about starting my new job as a school-based SLP.  Although, Angela and I were fortunate to start our careers together, I think we were both a little overwhelmed with the huge responsibilities we were about to undertake.  I can't help but think how much easier our first year would have been if we had had a wonderful resource like Teachers Pay Teachers.  Because of this, we wanted to give each of these SLP graduates a gift from our TpT Store.  Angela and I have been humbled by their gratitude and even though our gifts were small, we hope we helped them discover an invaluable resource :) Congratulations, UWG Class of 2015 SLP grads!


University of West Georgia Class of 2015
Masters of Education - Speech Language Pathology Graduates

With that being said, I am ssssooo ready to use this fantastic resource to do some Back to School shopping!  We are linking up with the fabulous and iconic Jenna Rayburn at Speech Room News to share what's in our cart for the TpT Back to School Sale!

http://thespeechroomnews.com/2015/07/whats-in-your-cart-bts-2015-linky-party.html


First let me tell you about three products from our store, Sounds Like Fun, that will get your school year off to a great start, and then I'll share three items I am buying on TpT to get my year off to a great start.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Speech-and-Language-Therapy-Pack-Back-to-School-1962561

This 36 page Back to School Therapy Pack includes activities for listening comprehension, compare & contrast, vocabulary identification and labeling, categories, describing, sequencing, basic concepts, antonyms, "wh" questions, "Would you rather?" questions, "Back to School" word lists by sound, and 10 reinforcement games which can be used for language or articulation therapy.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Articulation-Ring-a-Lings-Complete-Set-Bundle-1957301


This bundled set of Articulation Ring-a-Lings includes over 600 color articulation cards for the speech sounds: p, b, m, w, n, h, d, y, k, f, g, t, r, l, v, j, z, s, th, sh, and ch. Each card is marked for ring placement for easy storage. This product also comes with sentence facilitating strips to help students produce sentence level responses.  Are you looking for sounds for specific developmental levels? We also have smaller sound sets if you aren't ready for the complete set bundle.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Articulation-Word-Wall-1862209
 
This interactive articulation word wall is great for bulletin boards or speech room wall décor and can be opened in iBooks on the ipad for traveling SLPs. Initial, medial, and final speech sounds include: b, d, f, g, k, l, m, n, p, r, s, t, v, z, ch, sh, j, and th. Initial and medial speech sounds include: h, w, y. Consonant blends for l, r, and s are also included. These word list are perfect for readers and can be used imitatively with non-readers. Ideas for use can be found in this product.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/No-Prep-Print-and-Go-Language-Worksheets-Fall-Autumn-1944991


We love these no prep worksheets from Jessica Finch, The Speech Peach :) No need to prep anything, just print these sheets off and you are ready for therapy and instruction! It can't get any easier than this!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-About-Me-Interactive-Book-1794790

This All About Me Interactive Book from Kristin at Beautiful Speech looks like a great activity for beginning of the year therapy and it is a super price!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Vocabulary-Bundle-1-1952795

We wish we could buy everything in Kelly Workman's store!  It all looks fantastic, but since we are only poor school SLPs (lol), we are going to start with this jam packed Vocabulary Dice Decks :)

We trust you will find all these great products helpful in getting your new school year off to an exceptionally great start!

Happy Shopping!!!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and for being such an inspiration! :)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet post. You are so right about TPT! Thanks for the shout out and happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for mentioning one of my products! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my first grad class from west ga. They closed the program just as I was getting started so I didn't get to take any speech classes from there.
    www.oldschoolspeech.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. West GA has a really good speech program now. In fact, the whole university has grown tremendously in the past few years. You should visit the campus and take a look if you're ever in the area :)

      Delete
  5. I took my first grad class from west ga. They closed the program just as I was getting started so I didn't get to take any speech classes from there.
    www.oldschoolspeech.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took my first grad class from west ga. They closed the program just as I was getting started so I didn't get to take any speech classes from there.
    www.oldschoolspeech.com

    ReplyDelete